SD Card is an important part of the smartphone as it allows a user to expand the storage and accumulate more data in your mobile. In the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge smartphones, the adoptable storage feature was removed a few times ago but you still have the authority to move the apps to the SD card directly in the application manager. Here we will guide you on How to Remove SD Card from Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge and how to perform various operations regarding the SD card. Let us see first how we can use the micro SD card as a part of internal storage in Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge.
How to Remove SD Card from Galaxy S7
In the versions of Android above Marshmallow, the micro SD card can be used as internal or portable storage. The users who had low storage in their phones were very happy after the Marshmallow as it allowed the users to use the micro SD card as the internal storage in their smartphones.
But in the case of Samsung, it is not so, Samsung believes that a low-speed micro SD card does hamper the performance of the applications if the apps are installed in the micro SD card. Although this completely defies the statement that you cannot use a micro SD card as internal storage and move apps to SD card.
Some of the applications are still moveable in the micro SD card and here we learn how to move all the data with the app to your SD card.
How to Insert Micro SD Card in Galaxy S7 Edge
Both the smartphones Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge have only one tray for SIM card and micro SD card. In some countries, Samsung provides a dual SIM (1 SIM + 1micro SD card or SIM) facility in the smartphone.
To get the detail on How to Insert SD Card in Galaxy S7 follow the below steps carefully:
- Power off your Galaxy S7 smartphone.
- You must have got the needle pin to eject the SIM card tray.
- Insert the pin in the hole of the smartphone where you have to press a little into the hole to eject the SIM card tray.
- Now the SIM card tray will be ejected, pull out the tray from the hand.
- Now you have to put the micro SD card in the slot You need to match the shape with the metal part facing down.
- Now insert the tray in the slot and press down a little to insert it fully in the slot.
How to Remove SD Card from Galaxy S7?
As the SIM card and micro SD card, both are located on the same tray so we can use the word SIM card or the micro SD card for both. Now the question arises that how to remove SD card from Galaxy S7 active? So you can follow the above procedures for ejecting the SIM card tray from the smartphone. Make sure that you power off the smartphone before doing the process of unmounting sd card galaxy s7 edge from the SIM card tray.
How to Move Apps to Micro SD Card in your Samsung Smartphone?
As we have discussed in the beginning that it is not possible to use the micro SD card as internal storage and could be used only as portable storage, still some of the apps can be moved to the micro SD card. It is the behavior of the application that depends on the app move to SD card or not. So read the below steps to successfully perform this operation to move apps to SD cards.
- Open the smartphone home screen and go on settings.
- In the settings menu go to the applications and application manager.
- In the application, the manager tap on the application which you want to move.
- Now check the storage detail which of the apps are already on the internal storage or the micro SD card.
- If the app is in internal storage you have to now change the location of the app to the SD card.
- If there is no such option to move to SD card then you cannot move the app to the micro SD card.
- In this case, you can report the app to the app developer to get the solution.
- After you have selected the SD card then you have to click on the Change button to transfer the app to the SD card.
- While the process is being followed, you do not need to remove the micro SD card from the phone else there is a probability that the card could be corrupted.
- You should allow the whole process to be finished and then afterward the SD card could be removed.
Once the moving process finishes, you will then return to the storage page again. In the storage screen, Storage used field now is “External storage”. You can also check the storage on the application info page. Please note, when an app is moved to an SD card, it always uses more space than when it is internal storage.
Manage of SD card in Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge
The micro SD card in Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge could be managed by getting into the Galaxy S7 settings. First, you have to go to settings >> storage.
In the storage part, you will get both the internal and the external device’s storage. The SD card can be unmounted by tapping on the eject icon.
Note: It is always preferred to unmount the SD card from the smartphone before ejecting it. Also, the phone has to be switched off before taking out the SD card from the SD card slot.
What are the Problems Faced by the User When you Move Apps to SD Card in Galaxy S7 and S7 edge?
As mentioned, there are a few limitations when you plan to move apps to SD card in Galaxy S7 or S7 edge, including:
- Only some apps can be moved.
- Once an app is moved to SD card, all app files and data are moved to SD card, not just app data.
- The storage space used in the SD card is always larger than when the app is in internal storage.
More Related Guides:
- All Size Photo Printing Software Free Download Windows 11
- How to Remove Plays.tv
- Best TekTek Alternatives
So we have learned How to Remove SD Card from Galaxy S7 and perform various operations regarding it. Still, if you are facing any difficulties in the operations and procedures related to the Samsung galaxy sd card slot or a galaxy s7 not reading sd card you can readily contact us through the comments section below. Our team of experts will reach out to your comment as quickly as possible and give you the possible fix for your problem. Your comments are valuable to us.
Apps4 months ago
iPogo iOS 15 2022 – Download Pokemon Go Tweak for iPhone, iPad
Apps3 weeks ago
TikTok++ iOS 15 Download for iPhone
Tech3 weeks ago
Fifa 15 Origin Crack Download 2022
Apps7 months ago
Game Guardian for Windows 11 – Download 2022 Latest Version
Social Media10 months ago
Social Media for Non Profits with Tools to Maximum Audience Reach
Apps2 months ago
8 Ball Pool++ iOS 15 IPA for iPhone 13, 12, 11 
Alternatives2 months ago
Sites Like PCPartPicker 2022 – Best PCPartPicker Alternatives
Internet2 months ago
McDVoice con – McDVoice.com Customer Satisfaction Survey 2022