Windows 10 Stuck At 99 Percent [How to Fix It]
Windows 10 Stuck At 99 Percent: The Windows 10 version of Microsoft comes with extraordinary features and is expected to be the best in its security and other attributes. Yes, Windows 7 is most commonly used in most laptops but windows 10 being the most secure has an advantage over other versions. To maintain a no-error condition and make the system free from bugs Microsoft always releases new updates from time to time to make it the best OS for Microsoft.
Windows 10 Stuck At 99 Percent
But these updates are sometimes so hectic that installing them is a tedious task and the users experience some problems in installing these updates. Sometimes the error also pops up like “Windows 10 upgrade stuck at 99%”. At this moment you can be feeling like kicking off your system. But now you don’t have to feel irritated or kick your system, the following article will help you in resolving this kind of error and make you happy. So don’t skip any section and read on Windows 10 Stuck At 99 Percent complete.
Possible Causes Behind Windows 10 Upgrade Stuck at 99% for Hours
There could be an endless reason behind the Windows 10 Stuck At 99 Percent but the major ones are listed below:
- There could be some files missing when the windows update is being done.
- There could be some issue with the hardware.
- There could be difficulty in the windows 10 update being pending.
Windows 10 upgrade stuck at 99% fix
Below are listed some of the solutions to your problem that is affecting you:
Fix 1: Deletion of the content of Software Distribution Folders
The problem of the windows 10 upgrade stuck at 99 is really annoying where the wait time can be endless. Just do one thing, i.e. remove the content of the Distribution Software folder and subfolders and the download folders. Follow the steps below and get rid of the annoying problem:
- Step 1: Open the run command window by pressing the Windows logo key plus R.
- Step 2: In the adjacent right side where the Open is written write the following command: C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download.
- Step 3: Press Enter on the keyboard, a window will open with the name Download.
- Step 4: Press Ctrl+A and press delete.
- Step 5: Restart the PC and then try to install the update again and see if the problem persists or not.
Fix 2: A quick Batch File:
This error can also be solved by making a quick batch file. The following steps will guide you on how to make a batch file:
- Step 1: Hover over the mouse by clicking on the search button and writing a notepad and pressing enter.
- Step 2: Copy the following link and paste this link into the notepad.
- Step 3: Click on the File tab and click Save As and change the file name to a .bat extension
- Step 4: DO the Right Click on the file and select the Run as Administrator from the drop-down box.
- Step 5: Check again for the problem whether it persists or is solved.
Fix 3: Temporary Deactivate the Windows Update feature:
This solution for the Temporary Deactivation follows the steps below and see for the fix.
- Step 1: Open My PC and Open Control Panel.
- Step 2: click on the System and Security and change the setting inside it.
- Step 3: Change the Windows Update setting.
- Step 4: Disable “Give me recommended updates the same way I receive important updates” and press the OK button.
- Step 5: In the search option type CMD you will be showing a command prompt on the screen. Right-click the command prompt option and click on the run as administrator option.
- Step 6: Type the following command on the screen and press enter “è net stop wuauserv“.
- Step 7: Now type exit and restart the pc.
Now update the system
When the system is updated and to reactivate the windows update feature open the command prompt and type the following command in the console window: è net start wuauserv.
This command will again reactivate the windows update feature.
Fix 4: Try to update the pending updates of the windows
When the windows are not updated this is the reason for the window error “WINDOWS 10 UPGRADE STUCK AT 99 FOR 2 DAYS”.
Check if your windows are updated or not. The following steps will help you with updating pending windows 10.
- Step 1: Open settings by hovering over the mouse on the right of the screen in the search.
- Step 2: Open the Windows 10 update option.
- Step 3: Click on the small box in front of the check for updates.
- Step 4: when your update is complete then you restart the pc.
Fix 5: Use Media Creation Option:
This option definitely solves the problem of your “windows 10 upgrade stuck at 99 for hours”. This uses predefined software particularly for this feature only. It guides you with each and every step and confirms that you don’t face the difficulty again by this error on your PC. It creates the setup.exe and when you enter on the setup it will open and help you with the “Windows 10 upgrade stuck at 99 fixes”.
The steps below mentioned will guide you through the whole process and don’t skip any step as all the steps are important regarding the fix.
- Step 1: Open your web browser and search on the search bar the word ”Media Creation Tool”.
- Step 2: Look for the setup option and download the setup file and click on the downloaded file and install the file.
- Step 3: Follow the instructions on the setup page till the windows setup screen shows up.
- Step 4: Select the option of upgrading the PC and click net and continue the procedure
- Step 5: After the download is complete click on the small box in front of the Accept the terms and conditions.
- Spotify Not Responding on Windows 10
- Not a Valid Win32 Application
- Active Directory Domain Services Unavailable Windows 10
This was all about the annoying problem of “Windows 10 Stuck At 99 Percent” Hit on the comment section and give your feedback negative or positive.