Simplisafe App Not Working – The SimpliSafe Home Security iPhone and iPad app simply allow you to control your SimpliSafe security system from anywhere in the world. Arm and disarm the system, set instant notifications, and keep track of everything in an up-to-the-minute timeline.
Has your SimpliSafe app stopped functioning? If so, just keep reading to learn how you can troubleshoot this issue.
Simplisafe App Not Working
Now, first off, if your SimpliSafe app is malfunctioning, here are some explanations this might be happening:
- You have a lot of apps running in the background of your phone.
- Your SimpliSafe app has met a functional error.
- The SimpliSafe server is down.
- You’re using an out-of-date version of the app.
- Problems with your Wi-Fi connection.
- You haven’t enabled notices for the app.
- Your app cache is tainted.
Now, with that in mind, simply look at what you can do to get your SimpliSafe app to work again.
How to Fix SimpliSafe App Not Working?
Close All Background Apps
One of the difficulties you might face when your SimpliSafe app isn’t working correctly is that the app is taking too long to load. This often happens when there are too many applications running in the background of your phone.
Now, to fix simply this issue, simply close all the background apps on your phone. Next, you need to restart your phone and open the app again. The app should work fine now. If not, just continue to the next step.
Delete and Reinstall the SimpliSafe App
Your SimpliSafe app might be faulty because the app file is corrupted and this problem might have been fixed in the new version of the app.
Therefore, to fix this problem, you’ll have to erase the app from your phone and reinstall it. This way, you’ll have the current (error-free) version of the app. If you’re not sure how you can delete and reinstall the SimpliSafe app, simply follow the steps below:
- You simply have to press and hold the SimpliSafe app on the home screen of your phone. The Uninstall option will seem.
- After that, you need to tap the Uninstall option to delete the app from your phone.
- Next, you’ll simply need to re-install it.
- After that, you need to go to Google Play or App Store (depending on your phone) and simply enter ‘SimpliSafe’ in the search bar.
- Now, you simply need to tap the SimpliSafe app in the search results and just click on Install to reinstall the app on your phone.
- Then, you need to wait for the SimpliSafe App to Work Correctly.
- Occasionally, SimpliSafe servers might become crowded with users. As a result, the app might not work. When this happens, the app might also display “Server Error”.
- If you simply receive the Server Error message while trying to use the app, you need to close the application. Then, simply wait for about 30 minutes for the server to resume operation. Next, you need to restart the app.
Check Your Wi-Fi Connection
If your SimpliSafe app abruptly stops working, your smartphone might have disconnected from your Wi-Fi—probably because of low Wi-Fi signal strength.
You can simply fix this problem by going closer to your router, then simply trying to reconnect again.
Now, if it flops to connect, reboot your router. You can just reboot your router by unplugging it from the power outlet and plugging it back in. Your phone should connect to your Wi-Fi network after rebooting the router.
Change Your Wi-Fi Network Band
If your phone has linked, yet the app won’t work, simply check whether you’re on the 2.4GHz network.
As you perhaps know, most SimpliSafe devices only support the 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network. Therefore, the app won’t work if your Wi-Fi router is functioning on a 5GHz Wi-Fi network.
Since the 5GHz Wi-Fi is mismatched with SimpliSafe, you’ll need to change your Wi-Fi network to the 2.4GHz band. You need to refer to your router’s manual to learn how you can change your Wi-Fi network from a 5GGz Wi-Fi band to a 2.4GHz band.
Check the Error Message in Your SimpliSafe App
Your SimpliSafe app might not work because your account has been banned from certain actions. If your SimpliSafe app isn’t working, you might need to check and read error messages in the app to see if your account has been banned. Checking your error message will benefit you know the issues you are fronting with your SimpliSafe account and how to go about them.
Error messages will pop up once you simply open the SimpliSafe app. Simply tap on the messages to read them.
Clear the Cache in the App
A corrupted app cache might also be the reason your SimpliSafe app is malfunctioning and you can fix this problem by clearing the app cache.
Here’s how you can clear the cache in your SimpliSafe app:
- First, you need to open the Settings app on your phone and then simply tap Apps.
- After that, you need to select SimpliSafe and then, you need to tap Force Stop.
- The system will quickly you to confirm that you want to force-stop the app and simply click on Confirm to continue.
- Next, you need to select Storage on the SimpliSafe app Settings page.
- The Clear Cache choice will appear and click on it to clear your SimpliSafe app cache.
- Now, you need to minimize your Settings app. Then, you have to open the SimpliSafe app and check if it is functioning correctly.
- If the app is still not working correctly, simply force stop and clear the app cache again. However, if the app is at work well, click on the Clear Data option. This will remove the saved data on the app.
- At last, you need to close the Settings app and simply relaunch your SimpliSafe application again.
We have shared everything about SimpliSafe App Not Working in this article with you if the Info that we shared above helped you in any way then do share it with others.